Hempstead Car Accident Lawyers
Getting into a car accident in Hempstead is a traumatic experience. In a moment, you may find yourself facing life-threatening injuries and an uncertain future. When this happens, you may have many questions running through your mind.
- Who will pay your medical expenses?
- How will you get the money you need to pay your mortgage if you can no longer work?
- How will you get your car repaired?
- Who is to blame?
Injured car accident survivors need an experienced legal advocate on their side from the very start. At Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, our Hempstead car accident lawyers want to fight for you after a serious car accident. We know the issues and complications you face and we are ready and willing to go the extra mile. Our law firm has the experience and resources you need to help put your life back together again.
The Hempstead car accident lawyers at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP represent victims of and visitors to Hempstead and Nassau County who have sustained severe injuries or lost loved ones in car accidents caused by someone else’s careless or reckless actions. We help our clients seek compensation from people and companies who did them harm.
When you’re hurt, you need a lawyer who knows the courts, the insurance companies, and the laws where you live. That’s why we have an office in the heart of Hempstead in Nassau County. This gives us a significant advantage when representing injured accident survivors like you. We have a strong local presence in the Hempstead community because we want you to be able to get the help you need without worrying about traveling too far. Our office is conveniently located on 14 Front Street, near the Hempstead Golf & Country Club and the corner of Long Drive and Hempstead Avenue.
How We Can Help
Experienced Hempstead Car Accident Law Firm
For decades, our Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, attorneys have committed themselves to fighting for the interests of victims of car accidents throughout the Tri-State area. With offices in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey, our team works tirelessly to pursue justice, accountability, and maximum money damages in every case we handle.
Our many multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements in car accident cases speak to the extraordinary commitment each and every one of our lawyers has to serving the interests of clients. But that is not the only way we measure our success. It is equally important to our firm to know that our clients feel they have received the highest quality legal representation available, as well as the kind of personalized attention their cases deserve.
Our lawyers know that although car accidents happen frequently in the Hempstead area, every client who walks through our doors feels a unique pain and loss and it is our job to help remedy to the fullest extent possible under the law. Whether it’s a pedestrian accident, truck accident, or even a motorcycle accident, no accident is “routine,” and no client’s injury is the “same” as anyone else’s.
We offer personalized and compassionate legal guidance every step of the way. Our attorneys take the time to listen to you and your story because we care. We want to know the issues you face, so we can better advocate for you. This compassionate support and 1:1 attention is just one reason why so many injured Hempstead car accident survivors choose Jacoby & Meyers, LLP to represent them.
Our track record of success speaks for itself. We have successfully helped hundreds of injured clients obtain the compensation they needed – and deserved – after a serious car accident.
Here is a sampling of some of our accident cases.
- $5,000,000 – a car accident on Van Wyck Expressway
- $2,533,000 – a car crash on 4th Street in Brooklyn
- $2,400,000 – fatal van accident in Brooklyn
- $1,272,000 – drunk driving collision on Webster Avenue
- $740,000 – motor vehicle accident on the Brooklyn Bridge
- $650,000 – New Jersey accident
Our past success does not guarantee future results. However, it does mean that you have a law firm on your side that knows how to win car accident cases of all sizes. If a Hempstead car accident upends your life, contact our skilled team of car accident lawyers today to learn how we can help you.
To learn more about your legal options after a Hempstead car accident, contact us today online or by phone at (516) 542-0931 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. We can meet you in our office, virtually, or even in the hospital after your accident. Wherever you are – we will be there to support you every step of the way.
What is My Car Accident Case Worth?
Getting the Money You Need After a Hempstead Car Accident
Unfortunately, even while you are still struggling to recover, insurance companies may try to pressure you into accepting a settlement that is far below what you truly need to recover. They may even do this while you are still hospitalized and fighting to put your life back together again. When this occurs, you need an experienced Hempstead car accident lawyer on your side who can fight for your rights.
But what is your car accident case really worth?
Car accident cases are complex and no two are ever quite the same. That is why it is important to discuss your specific case with an attorney at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP. We can evaluate your injuries and your accident to give you a better idea of how much your case is worth. We want you to feel confident and comfortable throughout the legal process, so we are here to answer all of your questions honestly.
Whether your case is worth thousands or millions depends largely on your injuries, their impact on your life, and the type of accident. It also depends on your lawyer’s ability to gather and collect the necessary information and evidence needed to build a solid case for maximum compensation.
Too many car accident lawyers treat their clients’ cases as a matter of routine. They process clients rather than truly representing them. But not the attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP. Our lawyers and their teams approach every car accident case as a challenge to achieve the highest possible dollar recovery for a client.
They know the surest way to achieve that mission is to out-work defense attorneys and insurance companies by:
- Gathering evidence that other lawyers might overlook. Our team understands the importance of leaving no stone unturned in a Hempstead car accident case. Some lawyers might content themselves with just reading a police report and speaking with their client. For us, that is just a starting point. We interview witnesses, track down security camera footage, and visit accident scenes to understand exactly how an accident unraveled. We know that even the most complicated cases can depend on a single, small piece of evidence. When appropriate, we work with experts who reconstruct accident scenes or examine damaged vehicles, and who can spot crucial facts others might miss.
- Identifying parties with legal liability with the means to pay damages to our client. At Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, we do not take the easy route to a settlement by concluding that the party with legal liability in a car accident is always “the other driver.” Yes, the driver of the “other vehicle” can have legal liability to our client, but that is often just the tip of the iceberg. We go the extra distance to identify all of the persons or entities whose careless or reckless actions caused the crash that injured our client. That might include the “other driver’s” employer, manufacturers of the vehicles or vehicle parts that failed, and even local governments responsible for maintaining safe roads and intersections. Then we go the extra mile to determine which of those parties has the financial resources, such as insurance or significant assets, to pay our client damages. After all, a case is only “worth” what the other side has the ability to pay.
- Building a case for maximum compensation. Some lawyers rely on experience and insurance adjusters to tell them what their client’s car accident injury claim is “worth.” While Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, attorneys certainly also have years of experience to draw from, and we appreciate the potential significance of the views of insurance companies on a matter, we do not stop there in building a case for maximum compensation for our Hempstead car accident clients. Instead, we dig deeper to identify the full range of our client’s financial losses and future financial needs stemming from a car accident injury. When appropriate, we consult with medical and financial planning experts to put a dollar-value on future medical expenses and on “intangibles” like pain, suffering, and the life inconveniences caused by an accident. We understand that achieving the highest possible settlement or jury verdict requires compiling all of the evidence to prove every way in which a car accident impacted our client’s life.
Car Accidents in Hempstead
Traffic accidents in the Hempstead area accounted for 10 percent of all crashes in New York State in one recent year, according to official state data. That represented a total of 40,306 crashes, out of which 61 ended in fatalities and another 11,330 in injuries. A total of 64 people died in those accidents, and another 15,914 people were hurt.
In other words, the roads in and around Hempstead are dangerous for drivers and passengers. The fortunate ones escape accidents with a dented fender or a broken tail light. But as the statistics above reflect, many motorists in Hempstead are not so fortunate. Instead, they find themselves confronting catastrophic injuries, tragic losses, and ever-mounting expenses.
Where do many of the car accidents in Hempstead occur?
While Hempstead car crashes can occur on any road and at any intersection, some are inherently more dangerous than others.
Some of the most dangerous roads and intersections in Hempstead, New York include:
- Hempstead Turnpike
- Sunrise Highway
- Meadowbrook State Parkway
- Jackson Street
- Bay Parkway
- Ocean Parkway
- State Road 908m
- Merrick Road
- Gale Avenue
- Peninsula Boulevard
- South Franklin Street
- Greenwich Street
- Clinton Street
- Long Beach Road
- Southern State Parkway
Types of Car Accidents and Injuries in Hempstead
At Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, our lawyers have decades of experience representing Hempstead drivers who suffered an injury in a variety of car accidents, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on crashes
- T-bone or side-impact accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
We know that each of these accidents requires a different level of investigation. For example, side-impact collisions might involve an investigation into traffic light patterns or braking component defects. In comparison, a drunk driving accident might involve an investigation into the bar or tavern that served the intoxicated driver.
This is why you need a law firm with experience negotiating and litigating a wide range of car accident cases – specifically ones like yours.
It is equally important to choose a law firm with experience helping accident survivors who suffered similar injuries. Every injury responds differently to treatment and even injuries that seem minor at first can result in chronic pain and disability. That is why we work with your medical team to understand the true extent of your injuries and how they will affect your future and your ability to work.
We have helped Hempstead car accident survivors like you who suffered serious and debilitating injuries, such as:
Head and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Herniated discs
- Soft tissue injuries
Achieving the Best Results For Our Clients
We Bring Our A-Game to the Negotiating Table
Time and time again, our intense case preparation pays dividends when the time comes to sit down at the negotiating table with attorneys and insurance adjusters for the parties who harmed our client.
The reality of our legal system is that most Hempstead car accident cases “settle” before trial. Lawyers on both “sides” of a case know this. As a result, many lawyers for injured clients treat negotiations as a foregone conclusion that does not require much advance work.
But not our team. We walk into a negotiating session armed with a mountain of evidence to support our demands for maximum damages. In fact, over the years, we have earned the reputation as a team of prepared, aggressive lawyers who negotiate from the facts. Lawyers and insurance adjusters on the other “side” know that when we sit down at the negotiating table, we are ready and able to prove every dollar of compensation we demand for our clients.
We Get Results in the Courtroom
Of course, just because most Hempstead car accident cases settle out of court does not mean all of them do. When the “other side” is not prepared to be fair and reasonable, we often advise our clients that the best course of action is to fight it out in court. And thanks to our total preparation of every case, we are ready to go the distance, every time.
It might come as a surprise that our readiness to fight for fair compensation for our clients in court sets us apart from many Hempstead car accident attorneys. As we said above, some lawyers see car accident work as a “volume” business. They want to process cases, not spend the time and effort to pursue them to a winning verdict. Over time, those lawyers lose any skills they might have once had to argue a case to a judge and jury.
Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, lawyers, in contrast, have a track record of success in Tri-State area courtrooms. In fact, our reputation as aggressive, experienced, street-smart trial lawyers is so well-known that opposing lawyers and insurance companies may bend over backward to avoid facing off with our team in front of a jury.
Of course, we always tell our clients that a trial is unpredictable, and even our best lawyers have had disappointing outcomes from time to time. But every one of our clients can rest assured that if going to trial is what it takes to get every penny they need and deserve, Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, will bring a strong trial team into Hempstead’s courtrooms.
Call Our Hempstead Car Accident Attorneys Today
No one expects to get into a car accident. But then a collision happens. Suddenly, accident victims and their families face unexpected, sometimes overwhelming physical, emotional, and financial pain.
For decades, Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, has fought to recover fair and just compensation for Hempstead car accident victims and their families. Let us help you. Contact us today online or at (516) 542-0931 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a member of our team.
“Great experience, best car accident law firm. I was rear ended in a car accident and needed car accident lawyer to represent me, One of my friend suggested to contact Jacoby & Meyers. Jacoby & Meyers helped me through this difficult time and I got compensated.” -Lucy M.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Great experience with individual that knows what they are doing.”
Review by: Nesha G.