Pedestrians are especially vulnerable to automobiles, being smaller, slower, and harder to spot than other vehicles. Obeying the rules of the road and staying on the sidewalks or demarcated road lanes won’t always be enough. Sadly, pedestrians are, to a degree, at the mercy of drivers and their vehicles; this happens to those who are particularly vulnerable– children walking to and from school, or the elderly trying to cross a busy intersection. The most common pedestrian accident cases involve:
• Drivers who fail to yield the right of way
• Drivers who ignore a stop light or traffic signal
• Drivers who fail to look right when making a right turn into a crosswalk
• Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Drivers who speed or drive recklessly
If you have been knocked down due to the negligence of other drivers in a pedestrian accident, please contact us today.