- SUNY Oswego, Bachelor of Science
- New York Law School, Juris Doctorate
Admissions & Membership:
- State of New York
- United States District Court SDNY
- United States District Court EDNY
Mr. Zaransky is a trial attorney at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, focusing on Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect cases. Mr. Zaransky, a dedicated elder advocate, offered the following insights regarding nursing home abuse and neglect cases: We are fighting for people who cannot fight for themselves. Residents of nursing homes are some of the most vulnerable people in our society who very often get neglected and abused simply by being in a Nursing Home.
In September of 2014, after sixteen years of litigation in personal injury and commercial matters, Mr. Zaransky focused his attention on holding nursing homes accountable for their abuse and neglect. Since September of 2014, Mr. Zaransky has recovered nearly 10 million dollars for his clients through settlement and trial. Of note are settlements in the amounts of $1.2 million dollars, $750,000; $700,000 and numerous settlements in the amount of $500,000.
Mr. Zaransky has also obtained favorable decisions pertaining to nursing home care under NY PHL 2801-d:
- Benisatto v. Sprain Brook Manor, Supreme Court, Westchester County, Index No. 50475/2017: Denial of the defendants’ motion for summary judgment.
- Broderick v. Amber Court Assisted Living, Supreme Court, Nassau Country, Index No. 606249/2018: The Court denied defendants’ motion to dismiss pursuant to CPLR 3211 holding that the plaintiff sufficiently plead a cause of action seeking to hold an assisted living facility liable under PHL § 2801-d when the allegations establish that the facility provided services as residential healthcare facility beyond their license as an assisted living facility.
- Phillips v. Beth Abraham, Supreme Court, Bronx County, Index No. 306320/2008: The Court denied the defendants’ motions for summary judgment.
- Allicino v. Ozone Acquisition, LLC, Supreme Court, Nassau Count, Index No. 600130/16: The Court denied the portion of defendants’ motion for summary judgment which sought dismissal of plaintiff’s claims under PHL 2801-d which sought monies for damages and punitive damages.