Veterans Services Group Lawyer

A team of Veterans Advocates at our sister firm, Finkelstein & Partners, represent veterans seeking benefits for current medical conditions brought about by their military service. The Veterans Services Group handle Veterans Affair claims related to combat wounds, PTSD, TBI, toxins and environmental exposures, among other service-related medical problems.

As a veteran, you may qualify for compensation if you have a current diagnosis related to wounds, injuries, and onset illness while on active duty in the Armed Forces. Pre-existing injuries or illnesses which were aggravated by military service may also be entitled to compensation. Although most service-connected disabilities appear during or soon after military service, some may not appear until a later period, or were not “disabling” until years after discharge.

It is important for you to protect your rights and entitlements once a VA Regional Office has denied your initial claim. We can assist you throughout the appeal process, from the VA Regional Office to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA). If the BVA continues to deny your claim, our Veterans Advocates can handle the appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) as well as the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

What are Veterans Disability benefits?

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides benefits to veterans with disabilities as a result of their military service. The VA also provides a pension program for disabled wartime Veterans, but only if they have limited income and are totally disabled. It offers many other benefits for Veterans and eligible family members, including healthcare and education benefits.

If you are applying for a VA benefit for the first time, you must submit a copy of your service discharge form (DD-214, or for WWII veterans, a WD form), along with a completed VA application for benefits (VA form 21-526).

How to apply for Veterans Benefits

Initial applications for benefits must be filed with the VA Regional Office in your state ( Assistance in filing the initial application may be obtained through any State or County Veterans Service Office, or with the assistance of one of the Veteran Service Organizations. Veterans Service Officers assist veterans, their dependents and widows in filing claims for federal benefits. Locations and phone numbers may be found under “State Government, Veterans Service Officer” in the Yellow Pages. The VA also operates a toll-free number for general questions, 1-800-827-1000, or TDD 1-800-829-4833.

Our Veterans Services Group does not require any upfront payment for representation and we only receive a fee if we are successful with your appeal. Simply put, they do not get paid unless and until a Veteran’s appeal is actually granted and service-connected compensation is paid to the Veteran.

Contact Jacoby & Meyers, LLP, through a live chat with one of our representatives, our online contact form, or at (877) 565-2993 today.

Jacoby & Meyers, LLP
39 Broadway Suite 1910,
New York, NY 10006

Client Testimonials

“If it were not for the integral legal team of experts at Jacoby & Meyers I would not be where I am today with my recovery. I highly recommend hiring Jacoby & Meyers should you ever find yourself injured in an accident, and an individual or company needs to be held accountable for their negligence.” -C.J.

Check out some of our other reviews.