NYC city hosts an array of concerts throughout the summer. Here are 5 safety tips every concert goer should keep in mind:
- Conceal your money. Detecting a pick-pocketer at a concert, where the music is loud and there are swarms of people around you, is difficult to say the least. Avoid becoming a target, don’t flash your money and consider leaving expensive purses at home.
- Look for security. Ideally, you will enjoy the concert without any interaction with security, but it’s a good idea to know where to find them, just in case.
- Don’t purchase or accept drugs. Certain drug use laws vary state to state, particularly laws pertaining to marijuana, but it is never okay to assume that any drug is “safe.” Consuming drugs at a concert could leave you vulnerable to theft, assault, or worse.
- Go in a group, and stay with the group.
- If attending a standing concert stand towards the outside perimeter of the crowd. Should there be a need to suddenly exit you’ll have an easier time than if you were in the center of the crowd.