Debt Collection Abuse Lawyer
When the debt collector abuses his or her power, a consumer’s difficult predicament is only made worse. A debt collector does have guidelines that must be followed:
- Calls cannot be made before 8:00 AM or after 9:00 PM
- Calling six or more times a day can be considered abusive
- A debt collector or debt collection law firm cannot call you at work once you have told them you cannot accept such calls during business hours
- They cannot use obscene or threatening language
- They cannot misrepresent who they are
These are only a few of the examples of debt collection abuse. No matter what happened to cause you to have to start receiving calls from a collection agency, you still have legal rights. More importantly, you still deserve to be treated in a courteous, professional manner. When you contact Jacoby & Meyers, we will strive to make you feel at ease and to alleviate some of the tension you may be experiencing as a result of having been exposed to collection abuse. We will explain the steps you need to take to document the violation and what we can do to help you. Please contact our debt collection abuse lawyers today.