A massive recall has been issued for approximately 8,000 pounds of beef products distributed by a Pennsylvania company. The effected beef was sold in multiple states, including Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New York.
The following products (believed to have been produced between August 19th and September 19th) are subject to recall:
• 20-pound cases containing four packages of 5-pound ground beef 80/20;
• 10-pound packages of “Camellia Beef Pattie 80/20,” with package codes 6235 and 6242;
• 10-pound packages of “Silver Springs Farm Beef Pattie 80/20,” with package codes 6242 and 6237;
• 10-pound packages of “Silver Springs Farm Beef Pattie 80/20 Flat,” with package code 6237;
• recalled Silver Springs Farm ground beef patties10-pound packages of “Silver Springs Farm Gourmet Beef Burger Flat,” with package code 6235;
• 10-pound packages of “Silver Springs Farm Gourmet Beef Burger 80/20,” with package code 6237;
• 10-pound packages of “Silver Springs Farm Gourmet Beef Pattie 80/20,” with package code 6242; and
• various sandwich steak products produced by the recalling firm (Silver Springs Farm)
The recall was issued after E.coli was discovered during a route verification sampling. There has yet to be any confirmed instances of illness or adverse reactions tied to the beef products.
The Food Safety and Inspection Service is instructing anyone who purchased the products listed above to discard of or return to the place of purchase.
Symptoms of E. coli infection include abdominal pain and cramping, diarrhea, changes in appetite, nausea, fatigue, fever, and in some cases vomiting. Children, pregnant women, older adults, and those with weakened immune systems are especially susceptible to developing complications if E. coli is ingested.
An E. coli infection has the potential to cause severe, life threating complications. It is the responsibility of manufactures to sell consumer safe products. If you or a loved one became ill after consuming contaminated food contact us today to learn more about your legal options.