Parents are being warned this holiday season about the hazards found in some toys that can be dangerous to children.
Some toys with high lead levels or toys that can cause young children to choke were found at major retailers and discount stores in the last few months.
50 toys were analyzed by the consumer safety group. Issues were reported with some 20 products, including a Captain America toy shield and play jewelry. The toy had 29 times the legal limit of lead. A package of toy jewelry rings from Dollar General tested positive for lead twice the legal limit.
Other toys were said to be at higher decibels than the legal limit allows.
Small parts that could pose a choking risk were found in six toys that the group said did not carry the necessary warning labels.
It was said that the toy company did not use a testing lab accredited by the federal agency that oversees toy safety – the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Be vigilant this holiday season. Always keep up with product recalls before purchasing a toy for a loved one. Examine toys carefully for potential dangers before you make a purchase.
If your child has been seriously injured from a defective or recalled product, contact us for help.
Learn more about this.