Mary Ellen Wright, R.N.
Of Counsel Attorneys
- O.C.C.C. A.A.S. Nursing R.N.
- S.U.N.Y. Excelsior B.S
- Pace University School of Law J.D.
Admissions & Memberships:
- New York
- United States District Court Southern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- In re Avandia, United States District Court Middle District of Arkansas
- In re Prempro, United States District Court Northern District of Ohio
- In re Ortho Evra, In re Heparin, In re Depuy Orthopaedics, United States District Court Southern District of Illinois
- In re Yaz/Yasmin, California Superior Court County of Los Angeles
- In re Byetta, New Jersey Superior Court County of Bergen
- In Re Yaz, Yasmin, New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Hudson Valley Tole and Decorative Painters
Ms. Wright was admitted to the New York bar in 1994. Since joining the firm in 1994, Ms. Wright has investigated and managed many types of personal injury, wrongful death and negligence cases. She has managed motor vehicle cases, dog bites, fall downs, construction accidents, and a variety of complex products liability cases involving both medical device and machine failures.
Ms. Wright is actively involved in a number of Mass Tort litigations nationwide. She s supervises the day to day management of complex, multi-party mass tort litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States and has served on various committees within these litigations. She has experience in electronic discovery and extensive document review in these complex matters. Ms. Wright also had the privilege of being a contributing author in an Amicus brief in the United States Supreme Court case of Wyeth v. Levine, 555 U.S. 555 (2009.
Ms. Wright is a Registered Nurse since 1979 and has worked predominantly in the area of Emergency Care and Trauma. Ms. Wright was also appointed to the office of Orange County Coroner in 1987 and then successfully ran for and was elected to another term in office, serving as Orange County Coroner from 1987 to 1992. During her tenure as County Coroner she investigated hundreds of unattended deaths throughout Orange County.
Ms. Wright has always been active in the community and has served on local nonprofit boards as director, officer and chair.