Mold exposure is a potentially deadly health hazard that is often avoidable. Mold typically grows in buildings that have sustained some degree of water damage. Fungi, bacteria, mycobacteria, actinobacteria, and other harmful pollutants grow in water damaged spaces and can wreak havoc on those exposed.

Toxic mold is commonly found in: buildings with construction defects, buildings with inadequate ventilation, buildings with flat roofs, homes and buildings with fake stucco cladding and insufficient caulking, structures exposed to ground water, and buildings with leaks.

Toxic Mold Exposure

Identifying mold is sometimes challenging. Mold can present itself in variety of colors and hues, including black, white, yellow, green, and pink. Sometimes mold will cause a yellow or pinkish stain on the wall. In many instances you will smell signs of mold before seeing signs of mold.

Those exposed to toxic mold are at risk of developing chronic, potentially deadly illnesses. Symptoms of toxic mold exposure include fatigue, weakness, aches, blurred vision, diarrhea, memory issues, and vertigo. Toxic mold related health conditions often require costly, ongoing treatment. Depending on how and where exposure occurred those affected may be able to seek compensation.