Proving a Complaint Against a Nursing Home

If you suspect that your loved one is being neglected, abused or mistreated in a nursing home, you can file a complaint against that facility. You will want to offer as much evidence as possible. Accordingly, the best course of action is to contact an experienced and knowledgeable attorney, like the ones at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP NY. We will help you gather the necessary documents and other evidence to prove your case. Some of the damages you can ask for include:

  • Necessary and reasonable medical expenses
  • All medically-related past expenses
  • Anticipated future expenses
  • Harm caused by prolonged immobilization
  • Pain and suffering from physical injuries
  • Pain and suffering that may occur in the future
  • Mental anguish
  • Past and future impairment of the ability to enjoy life
  • Disfigurement including scars, amputations, hair loss, etc
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Shortened life expectancy
  • Punitive damages

If the mistreatment, neglect or abuse has resulted in the death of a loved one, there are damages that are recoverable for survivors, heirs and dependents. Some of these damages may be:

  • Loss of the relationship, sometimes called loss of consortium
  • Loss of parental guidance or advice
  • Loss of the companionship of the loved one
  • Mental anguish and grief by the survivors
  • Funeral and burial expenses

It is important to contact an attorney who has had experience in handling nursing home abuse cases. An experienced and compassionate attorney will remain by your side throughout the entire legal process until the case is settled outside of court or a verdict is reached in a court of law.Call the personal injury attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP NY to get the help you need. Call 877-504-5562 or email [email protected]