If you are faced with the decision to place your loved one in a nursing home, the more information you gather before they move into the facility, the better you will feel about your decision. It is very important for nursing home residents and their families to know that they have certain rights and protections under the law. Upon admission to the facility, the nursing home must give a copy of this list of rights to the resident and their family. Below is a list of resident rights:
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The right to be informed in writing about services and fees before admission to the facility.
- The right to manage your own money or to choose someone you trust to do this for you.
- The right to privacy, and to keep and use your personal belongings and property as long as it doesn’t interfere with the rights, health and safety of others.
- The right to be informed about your medical condition, medications and to see your own doctor. You also have the right to refuse medication and treatment.
- The right to have a choice as to your schedule, i.e., getting up and going to sleep, your activities and other preferences that are important to you.
- The right to an environment that maximizes your comfort and provides you with assistance so that you are able to be as independent as possible.
If you suspect that your loved one is being abused or neglected, or their rights have been ignored or violated, call the attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers, LLP NY. We have been providing the highest quality legal representation to our clients since 1972. We are committed to providing you with personalized service and unsurpassed legal representation while preserving your dignity and privacy. You will have your own dedicated legal team, led by an experienced attorney, that will have the necessary experience and knowledge to meet the unique needs of your case. We will only charge a legal fee if we are successful in winning compensation for your claims.
If you or a loved one is seriously injured due to abuse or neglect in a nursing home, we will help you get justice. We will fight for your rights and get you the compensation you need and deserve.Call 1-877-504-5562 or email at [email protected]