What should I do if I am involved in an accident on my motorcycle?
- Check yourself for injuries.
- Call 911 immediately.
- Write down everything you can remember about the accident.
- Do not sign any documents without first consulting an attorney.
- Call your Insurance Company.
- Keep copies of any medical records or bills, and make records of any related expenses.
- Take contact information from eye witnesses.
What information do I need to gather after a motorcycle accident?
- Obtain name, address phone numbers, license number and insurance information from the other passenger, motorist or pedestrian involved.
- Write down the make, model, and license plate numbers of all vehicles involved.
- Gather the contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address) of all witnesses.
- Keep notes concerning your surroundings. Be mindful of the location of the accident, speed, time, lighting, weather, direction of travel of all the vehicles involved.
- Take pictures of your injuries and damage to your motorcycle.
Should I hire a motorcycle accident lawyer to handle my case?
Yes, you should hire a motorcycle accident lawyer to handle your case. A lawyer can help you to determine if you have a legal claim. An attorney will also help you analyze all the aspects of compliance with traffic laws, motor vehicle regulations, medical treatment issues, and other liability issues.