Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens. Drive safely by downloading one of these safe driving apps:
- Text Arrest: This app disables texting and e-mail on smartphones while the car is in motion. The app locks the phone’s screen so no texts or emails can be sent or read while driving. The app senses when the car is traveling faster than 5mph. The app is compatible with Android phones only and is free for the basic plan.
- Safe Driver: This app monitors your teen’s location and driving practices. This is a great app for parents of new and inexperienced drivers. The app alerts parents via text or e-mail when kids exceed a specific speed and shows where infractions occurred. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad and is free for the basic version.
- ZoomSafer: ZoomSafer limits access to e-mail, texting, browsing, and calling when a teen is on the road. The app restricts teen’s cell phone activity while driving and allows calls parents set from a contact list using an online account. The app is compatible with Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones. The price for the app is $2.99/mo or $25/yr.
- Drivesafe.ly Pro: This app lets teens stay connected while keeping their hands on the wheel. The app reads texts and emails out loud and it will automatically respond without touching a button. It is compatible with Android, Blackberry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile. The price is $13.95/yr for a single user.
- Key2SafeDriving: This app restricts phone use when the car is running and sends automated replies to incoming texts. The app gives parents control via a password and sends an alert if a teen tries to bypass the device. The app is compatible with Blackberry and assorted smartphones. It is $99.95 for each device.
- Dangers of Distracted Driving: This app explores the consequences of distracted driving. The app outlines several scenarios that demonstrates how distracted driving can land drivers in the “Kill Zone”. The phone is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. THe price is $0.99.
- Steer Clear Mobile: The Steer Clear Mobile app teaches young drivers proper driving procedures and increases eligibility for State Farm Insurance discounts. The app logs driving time, mileage, and road conditions so kids can measure their progress. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. The app is free.
Teach your child safe driving habits and use these apps to help them avoid serious and preventable crashes.
If your child has been seriously injured in a distracted driving crash due to someone else’s negligence, contact us for a free consultation today.