Man Receives $5 Million after Being Paralyzed by Toppled Portable Toilet

A Pennsylvania man was paralyzed when two of his relatives shook the portable toilet he was using, causing it to topple over. He has obtained $5 million settlement form the manufacturer, Poly-San, the installer and the two relatives, who were cousins-in-law.

Donald Adams III’s suit contended that the toilet was top-heavy and should have included spikes to hold it in place. The suit also said the toilet should not have be installed on a hillside.

According to the plaintiffs’ pretrial memorandum, the cousins-in-law decided to play a practical joke on Adams. They backed their truck up next to the toilet so Adams could not open the door, then shook the unit, inadvertently causing it to tip over.

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as  result of a defective or improperly maintained product/device, contact Jacoby& Meyers today for a free consultation.

Read more on this story.