Review Our Firm

You are here

Paint Containing Lead

Before its ban in 1978, most household paints contained some amount of lead. Used as an additive to enhance color and increase durability, lead is a highly toxic substance. Lead-based paint can enter the body such as through direct ingestion or through airborne particles from deteriorating lead-based paint. Even relatively small amounts of lead can cause serious problems, especially in children age six and under. Some symptoms of lead paint poisoning include:

• Nausea
• Stomach pain
• Sleeplessness
• Irritability
• Headache
• Seizures
• Metallic taste in the mouth
• Coma

If you suspect you or your child has suffered from lead-based paint poisoning, see your doctor immediately. If left untreated, lead poisoning can cause permanent damage. The lead paint attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers can help you receive compensation for your damages if you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to lead paint.

 

randomness